BGP/OSPF router security

James Howlett jim.howlett at outlook.com
Sun Feb 10 00:37:05 CET 2013

Hello all,

I have a single FreeBSD/bird router running BGP and OSPF.
I have two full bgp feeds and some IXP sessions.
Some of my users are subject to DDoS attacks which basicly kill my router.
Is there anything I can do to make things better? I was thinking about adding a second router and having one full bgp feed per router.
I was also thinking about joining BGP Blackholing project. But - the question remains - what else can I do to survive a ddos, or at least be able to react when a ddos occures?

All best,
Jim