iBGP

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Tue Jan 1 12:35:18 CET 2013

On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 03:37:25PM +0100, Miłosz Oller wrote:
> After add comment next hop self and add gateway direct:
>
> protocol static {
>         route 91.231.205.0/24 reject;
>         route 91.237.68.0/22 reject;
> }
>
> [..]
> #    next hop self;
> gateway direct;
> [..]
>
> bird> show route 91.231.205.0/24 all
> 91.231.205.0/24    unreachable [static1 15:27] * (200)

> Why static route is unreachable?

Hello

A route with 'reject' target is unreachable by definition [*]. In future
versions we will even support and prefer 'unreachable' keyword instead
of 'reject' keyword in static protocol for such routes.

[*] If such route is exported to the kernel and the kernel routes a
packet according to that route, the packet is rejected with ICMP
'destination unreachable' message.