Problem with bird 1.3.9 on mips/linux

Robert Hass robhass at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 00:51:33 CET 2013

Hi
I compiled bird 1.3.9 on Linux/MIPS (Debian 6.0.6) and I have problem
that my bird is not listening on port TCP/179 ?

Any comments or recommendations ?

Rob

# ps auxw | grep bird
root     16334  0.0  0.2   2612  1056 pts/0    S    23:46   0:00 ./bird

# netstat -a -l | grep bird
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     84588    bird.ctl

# birdc
BIRD 1.3.9 ready.

bird> show protocols all
name     proto    table    state  since       info
device1  Device   master   up     23:46
  Preference:     240
  Input filter:   ACCEPT
  Output filter:  REJECT
  Routes:         0 imported, 0 exported, 0 preferred
  Route change stats:     received   rejected   filtered    ignored   accepted
    Import updates:              0          0          0          0          0
    Import withdraws:            0          0        ---          0          0
    Export updates:              0          0          0        ---          0
    Export withdraws:            0        ---        ---        ---          0

OLIVE4   BGP      master   start  23:46       Idle
  Preference:     100
  Input filter:   bgp_olive4_in
  Output filter:  bgp_olive4_out
  Routes:         0 imported, 0 exported, 0 preferred
  Route change stats:     received   rejected   filtered    ignored   accepted
    Import updates:              0          0          0          0          0
    Import withdraws:            0          0        ---          0          0
    Export updates:              0          0          0        ---          0
    Export withdraws:            0        ---        ---        ---          0
  BGP state:          Idle
    Neighbor address: 10.17.0.139
    Neighbor AS:      60000

My bird.conf configuration file:

log syslog { debug, trace, info, remote, warning, error, auth, fatal, bug };
router id 10.17.0.254;
listen bgp address 10.17.0.254 port 179;

protocol device {
        scan time 60;
}

filter bgp_olive4_in {