BUG: /lib/lists.c.. Don`t use -O2 . Use -O1

Uwe Kleine-König uwe+bird at kleine-koenig.org
Tue Jan 22 14:28:19 CET 2013

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 04:20:06PM +0400, Maksim Tamarsky wrote:
> I don`t exprt in ARM-ASM but my colleague say and i se this, that some
> ASM code from rem_node and add_head was interlaced and will now be run
> in parallel mode and this can lead to error.
It's normal that the compiler does reorder the machine instructions for
two consecutive inline functions. The overall result still is the same,
at least if you stick to defined C constructs and your compiler doesn't
have a bug.

I don't understand what you mean saying "parallel mode", AFAIK bird is
single-threaded so there is nothing running in parallel. If your
colleague still thinks there is a bug please ask him to describe it here
on the mailing list.

Best regards
Uwe