Problem with bird 1.3.9 on mips/linux

Hans van Kranenburg hans.van.kranenburg at mendix.com
Thu Jan 24 01:55:21 CET 2013

On 01/23/2013 10:55 AM, Robert Hass wrote:
>>         http://marc.info/?l=bird-users&m=135876825203614&w=2
>
> Yeah It nearly the same issue. Thanks for pointing out.
> After adding multihop bird started to listen on port 179/TCP.

Yes, that was me.

> But do I need really to configure multihop for iBGP session ?! (I'm
> from Juniper & Cisco house where for iBGP I just need IGP
> reach-ability, not multihop which is only for ebgp sessions).

It seems so. It's exactly the same reason that caused part of the
confusion for me. I was thinking that BGP was supposed to use any other
protocols to resolve a route to the iBGP peer, but BIRD wants to be told
explicitely it's not on link.

--
Hans van Kranenburg - System / Network Engineer
T +31 (0)10 2760434 | hans.van.kranenburg at mendix.com | www.mendix.com