bird-tool script

Will Dowling opensource at autodeist.com
Mon Jul 1 17:34:06 CEST 2013

Hi all,

Just popping my head in to say hello and introduce myself.

I've been helping put together some useful BIRD scripts for Joe, who has
mentioned it a few times on the list.

Since then, the script has come a ways from just showing peer info - and
I figure it is probably useful to a lot of you.

bird-tool can:
   * Show peer information
       - Session/Route Table name
       - Session State & Uptime
       - Total/Accepted/Filtered Route counts
   * Nagios check mode (alarm if peers down or
   * Cacti perfdata mode - export peer info to cacti
   * Show prefixes
       - Accepted & Filtered in peer information
       - Accepted-only as an unformatted list (handy for scripting)

There are also some handy Cacti data templates and scripts for pulling
cached copies of the perfdata for graphs.

Anyway, figured this might be of interest to some people here - you can
get it from Github here: https://github.com/dowlingw/bird-tool

More importantly, if you have any dramas getting it going or find a bug
- feel free to reach out via email or github.

Cheers :)

Will Dowling