BIRD - pair set object issue

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Fri Jul 26 11:00:56 CEST 2013

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 10:01:30AM +0300, Javor Kliachev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have some troubles defining a pair set object using the following assignment:
>
> Reading configuration from /usr/local/bird-new/etc/bird.conf
> /usr/local/bird-new/etc/functions3.conf, line 281: Value 31343232 out of range (0-65535)
> bird>
>
> The actual line 281:
>
> roopoi=[(RoO,1001..1999)];
> It seems recursive assignment for variables of this particular type is not allowed.

Yes, pair sets are preprocessed during reading config files, so only constant
expressions are allowed in them. The nonsensical error message 'Value 31343232
out of range' is a result of a bug - some random value is used instead
of void value. But the fix for this bug would not help you.

> Is there a fix or workaround for achieving this functionality, despite the pure numerical assignment?

Probably no, you have to define separate functions with constant pair sets.