Not re-exporting learned OSPF routes

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Tue Jun 18 10:50:09 CEST 2013

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 02:41:12PM -0400, Ryan Whelan wrote:
> Wow- thanks for the quick response guys!  This works great!
>
> Is it possible to set the dead timer, auth ttype, password, etc per area
> and only override the interface differences (like cost) on a per interface
> basis? (having the interfaces inherit the non-specified settings from the
> area config)

It is not currently possible, you have to copy the options.

I don't think that setting per-area defaults is the best way how to
solve this. It is not uncommon to have several classes of ifaces with
different sets of options. Perhaps named iface templates, like ones
used for protocols, could solve this issue in a better way:

template "wired" { hello 3; retransmit 2; wait 10; dead 15; check link; };
template "wireless" { hello 5; retransmit 2; wait 10; dead 60; };

interface "eth0" from "wired" { cost 10; };
interface "eth1" from "wired" { cost 20; };
interface "wlan0" from "wireless" { cost 100; };
interface "wlan1" from "wireless" { cost 200; };

Any comments?