OSPF: LSA disappeared

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Thu May 30 19:08:05 CEST 2013

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 07:39:34PM -0700, Bao Nguyen wrote:
> I see what you see by annoying now...is there any way to remove this or
> change it so just OSPF is logged into a difference file? I found my log
> constantly filling up on all the machines. I looked around in the syslog
> configuration syntax but didn't see anything relavent.

Well, there are two possibilities:

1) Use some better syslog (like rsyslog) which allows you to filter out
log lines based on their content.

2) You remove this line from BIRD source code:

   log(L_WARN "OSPF: LSA disappeared (Type: %04x, Id: %R, Rt: %R)",
       lsr->lsh.type, lsr->lsh.id, lsr->lsh.rt);

   (it is in proto/ospf/lsupd.c) and recompile BIRD.