BIRD on FreeBSD 9.2 (amd64) - OSPF is not putting routes in the routing table

Claude Marinier claude.marinier at cae.com
Thu Nov 21 21:42:30 CET 2013

On November 21, 2013 3:15 PM , Ondrej Filip wrote:
> On 21.11.2013 21:09, Claude Marinier wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> Hi!
>
> > I am running BIRD 1.3.11 on FreeBSD 9.2 (amd64). It establishes
> > full adjacency with its three neighbours (Cisco routers) and its
> > routing table is correct. BIRD knows about the routers behind its
> > neighbours. The problem is that the kernel does not know any of the
> > learned routes, i.e. 'netstat -rnf inet' shows only routes for the
> > interfaces.
>
> Add a line 'export all' to the kernel protocol.

Here is some text from the documentation : 3.3 Protocol Options

    import all | none | filter name | filter { filter commands } | ...
        Specify a filter to be used for filtering routes coming from the
        protocol to the routing table. all is shorthand for where true and
        none is shorthand for where false. Default: all.
    export filter
        This is similar to the import keyword, except that it works in the
        direction from the routing table to the protocol. Default: none.

In my case, the protocol is OSPF. I want to copy routes learned by the
protocol to the routing table. The documentation says to use import
but you are saying export. Which is correct?