IPv6 BGP debugging

Peter Andreev andreev.peter at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 11:36:31 CEST 2014

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to set up bird 1.4.2 on FreeBSD 9.1 and stuck on the following:

bird> sh pro
name     proto    table    state  since       info
kernel1  Kernel   master   up     13:10:06
device1  Device   master   up     13:10:06
NICbr1   BGP      master   up     13:10:28    Established
NICbr2   BGP      master   up     13:10:29    Established
PTTlg    BGP      master   start  13:10:24    Connect       Socket: Invalid
argument
MLPA1    BGP      master   start  13:10:24    Connect       Socket:
Operation timed out
MLPA2    BGP      master   start  13:10:24    Connect       Socket: Invalid
argument
MLPA3    BGP      master   start  13:12:51    OpenConfirm   BGP Error: Hold
timer expired
MLPA4    BGP      master   start  13:10:24    Connect       Socket: Invalid
argument
STATIC_BGP Static   master   up     13:10:06

All these BGP protocols are inherited from one template. The only
difference is that those are established, use another source address which
is configured on virtual interface.

However my question is how to find out what's going on and how to detect a
problem? Setting "log syslog all;" is not very helpful - it only fills the
log file with a lot of "bird6: KRT: Error sending route 2c0f:fb50::/0 to
kernel: No such process" messages.

--
Is there any problem Exterminatus cannot solve? I have not found one yet.