OSPF Route

Jason Aeschilman jason at fatpipeinc.com
Tue Aug 26 21:43:47 CEST 2014

I am using bird 1.4.0.  I configured OSPF and the routes that bird adds
to Linux have a metric of 0.  Then I added a static route with the same
network and mask and it has a metric of 1.  So now a route that OSPF has
added has preference over a static route but this is not the behavior I
see with quagga or Cisco.  With them, the static route has preference.
quagga adds routes with metrics (values 11+) relative to OSPF cost while
Cisco does not add an OSPF route to the FIB if a matching static route
already exists.  My expectation, if bird is going to use metric 0, is
that it should not add an OSPF route if a static route already exists
with the same network and mask.  Or if it must add an OSPF route, it
should have a metric such that the static route takes precedence.  Is it
possible to change this behavior in the config?  If so, how?