Run external script after accepting BGP update or withdraw

Alex Bligh alex at alex.org.uk
Fri Jul 18 19:01:19 CEST 2014

Ondrej,

On 18 Jul 2014, at 17:44, Ondrej Filip <feela at network.cz> wrote:

> On 18.7.2014 10:50, Stanislav Datskevich wrote:
>> So, this feature will not be implemented? I think BIRD will turn into
>> BGP swiss-knife if it will be.
>
> I think, this sounds interesting to me. And it shouldn't be very
> complicated to code it. I will look at it.

Can I suggest you make the syntax such that a script is but one option?
I can see a good case for (e.g.) triggering a little lua to run, which
would not involve a fork() and be much faster. Clearly someone else would
have to code that bit, but generalising this might be useful. This way
you could get your lua to filter out 99% of things before running
(e.g.) a script. We have some experience integrating lua things and
whilst I can't guarantee it, we may be prepared to take a look.

--
Alex Bligh