bgp router with multi asn's - neighbor config ?

Leo Vandewoestijne bird at unicycle.net
Thu Sep 4 14:32:46 CEST 2014

Hi,

On Thu, 04 Sep 2014, Ondrej Filip wrote:

> On 2.9.2014 23:36, Kai wrote:
> > G'day!
>
> Hi!
>

> > For the configuration we want to set up, I couldn't find any details in
> > the docs, the wiki or the list archive. So please allow me to ask my
> > questions here (questions see below).
> >
> > desired setup:
> >
> > We want to establish a router ('A') announcing two different ASNs
> > (as1,as2) to it's neighbours. In fact we want to setup three routers A,
> > B and C, all of them corporately announcing as1 and as2.
> >

> You cannot have two BGP relations to a single peer. I see two options:

You will certainly have to do this on different IP's.
And actually I only do it with different IP's in different netmasks.

I think this config is exactly what's requested.
It was written for use on FreeBSD (using multifib).
At one point I got collisons, and I did all my best to prevent that (with success).
So probaly you can make it more simple.

The compact version of bird.conf would be:

table as1;
table as2;

listen bgp address 10.0.1.102 port 179;
listen bgp address 10.0.2.102 port 179;

protocol static stat_net1 {
	table as1;
	route 192.168.3.0/24 via "em0";
	}

protocol static stat_net2 {
	table as2;
	route 192.168.188.0/24 via "em0";
	}

protocol bgp COMPANY1 {
	table as1;
	router id 10.0.1.102;
	local     10.0.1.102 as 1;
	neighbor  10.0.1.101 as 69;
	direct;
	export where proto = "stat_net1";
	}

protocol bgp COMPANY2 {
	table as2;
	router id 10.0.2.102;
	local     10.0.2.102 as 2;
	neighbor  10.0.2.101 as 69;
	direct;
	export where proto = "stat_net2";
	}

I'm very curious to hear any comments, or see different approaches.

Leo.

--

Sent from my Google Glass