announcing BGP prefixes from the same AS at different sites?

Thomas Johnson tommyj27 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 15:38:36 CEST 2014

Thank you for the feedback. I was aware of disabling aspath loop detection,
but have not yet explored it; based on my reading, it seemed like a hacky
workaround. Are there any drawbacks to this approach, aside from the
obvious possibility of creating loops?

With regard to an IBGP mesh, it seems that if a BGP session in my mesh
fails, routing of prefixes between the affected routers fails. Is this the
expected behavior? Is this where I should be using an IGP to route around
the failed IBGP?

Thanks!