OSPF export filter

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Sat Dec 5 16:53:31 CET 2015

On Sat, Dec 05, 2015 at 04:40:06PM +0100, Ondrej Zajicek wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 03, 2015 at 03:50:54AM +0300, Anton Kiryushkin wrote:
> > But in birdc I didn't see any metrics. I have two server with same config
> > and same addresses on interfaces lo and dummy0 with different priorities.
> > Could you help me with export filter?
>
> Hi
>
> First, to export some route as an external route to OSPF, it must be created
> by some other protocol. Perhaps you have to add static or direct protocol to
> your config? If the prefix 77.71.22.23/32 is e.g. on dummy0, then it will
> not be exported through export filter, but propagated as internal route.
> The interface has to be enabled in order to propagate its prefixes.

> Anton Kiryushkin wrote:
> showed me nothing. But 'show ospf state' showed me both ips with metric 0.

Now i see that. These prefixes are on dummy0 and generated internally,
therefore export filter does not apply. Because they are /32, metric
specified for the dummy interface (100) also does not apply.

You can use 'stubnet' option to explicitly add stub network with
specified metric. Or you could use direct or static protocol and export
filter to propagate it as an external route. In both cases, you don't
configure dummy0 as an OSPF interface.