AW: default route via OSPF depending on the ISP

Rohrmann Sascha Rohrmann at citkomm.de
Mon Dec 7 13:07:59 CET 2015

Hi Ondrej,

>> Do you have more information and/or tips for me, by chance?

> As others wrote, you could do periodic pinging by e.g. fping and enable/disable a static
> protocol using birdc (birdc disable XXX).
> See the attached script, which does something like that and estimating packet loss.

Thank you very much for that script.

I have two additional questions about this:

1)	Why do you stop the whole routing process if the ISP is down?
	Isn't there a chance to "only" stop distributing the default-route and keep the OSPF process?
	If yes, how am I able to realize that?
2)	If 1) isn't possible, is there a way to check and count incoming routes from eBGP so that the router sees that
	the connection works and distributes the default-route after the check?

My goal is to only stop distributing the default-route and not to kill any routing-protocol such as OSPF.

Thanks in advance.