Bird linux "proto bird" field

Aviolat Romain Romain.Aviolat at nagra.com
Wed Dec 9 08:20:23 CET 2015

Dear bird gurus:

I've got Bird 1.5 compiled on an Arista 7150S24 multi-layer switch platform. I'm trying to inject a route learned by BGP into the kernel routing table and then into the switch FIB.

I've got the following export filter configured:

protocol kernel {

     persist;

     scan time 20;

     seconds

     import none;

     export filter bgp_xxx_in;

}

If I do an #ip route, I can see my entry into the switch routing table

xxx.xxx.xxx.0/22 via xxx.xxx.xxx.1 dev vlan201  proto bird

>From the Arista Linux bash shell, this route is correctly used if I source a packet from here.

But this route is not installed into the switch FIB. It looks like Arista only inject routes that are tagged as "proto kernel" or "proto static" from the RIB to the FIB and this one is tagged "proto bird".

I've seen some interesting options in the manual like "int krt_source" but it's a read-only variable.

Is there another way to achieve that ?

Thanks for your help,

Romain

Romain Aviolat