list of networks as global definition

Tapio Haapala tapio.haapala at f-solutions.fi
Sun Feb 15 12:02:42 CET 2015

Hi,
I try make conf where all networks are at begin of sipmple format as
possible at well commented. Rules & other thing use them later.
Is it possible to do global network list as variable or are variables
possible only in blocks?

I tried put thist begind of conf
define local_nets = [
                2a00:X::/32, #My networkA
                2a00:X::/48 #My network B
        ];

define own_nets = [
	2a00:X::/32, #My network C at another place
	local_nets
	];

And later at protocol block I tried use them like
export filter {
                if (net ~ own_nets) then accept;
};

Clearly this is not way to do it because I get syntax error at that
first line :)
I can make function what is something like this:

function is_local_net()
prefix set local_nets;
{
local_nets = [
                2a00:X::/32, #My networkA
                2a00:X::/48 #My network B
        ];

  if net ~ local_nets then return false;
  return true;
}

but then I have "code" at my conf section of config file.
and it hurts my OCD, ADHD or what ever :)

So is it possible to do prefix list definitions as global?

- --
F-Solutions Oy

Tapio Haapala

PL7, 90571 Oulu