IPv6 BGP segfault with bird 1.4.5

Matthias Schiffer mschiffer at universe-factory.net
Mon Jan 12 23:02:10 CET 2015

Hi,
recently bird6 has been crashing quite often (several times a week) on
one of our systems (I don't know why only one of two systems with very
similar config is affected). Our config contains ~50 BGP peerings, the
number of exchanged routes is about 100 in total.

I was able to get a core of the crash, it can be found at

    http://home.universe-factory.net/neoraider/bird6.core

I've put the corresponding binary (with debug information) at

    http://home.universe-factory.net/neoraider/bird6

bird was built on Arch Linux with GCC 4.9.2.

Please let me know if you need any more information...

Thanks in advance,
Matthias