Reject log message; bgp_community comparaison

Chris Caputo ccaputo at alt.net
Wed Jan 28 19:25:37 CET 2015

On Wed, 28 Jan 2015, Arnaud Fenioux wrote:
> Hello the bird community,
>
> I've two small questions, I've put them in the same mail even if they are not related :
>
> 1/ I currently use this code in my config to reject “martians”
>
>         if ( is_martian() ) then {
>                 reject "prefix rejected by is_martian";
>         }
>
> Which prints in logs : <INFO> prefix rejected by is_martian
> Do you know if there is a way to add some variables in the log (like bgp_path.first, from or net) ?

Yes, for example in a function called rt_import_all, I use:

  if net_martian() then
  {
    print "rt_import_all: ", net, " from ", from, ": net_martian() returned true!";
    return false;
  }

so I imagine you could do:

  if ( is_martian() ) then {
    reject "prefix rejected by is_martian: ", net, " from ", from, " bgp_path.first ", bgp_path.first;
  }

Chris