Bird6 freeze under high load

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org
Sat Jan 31 00:32:44 CET 2015

I just tried downgrading from 1.4.5 to 1.4.4, using the 1.4.4-1~bpo70+1
Debian package from http://bird.network.cz/?download&tdir=debian/

The result is the same, bird6 also freezes periodically with version 1.4.4.

By the way, I think I ruled out the possibility that a particular BGP peer
is sending garbage: the issue still arises when leaving only one BGP
session active, whichever it is.

Is there anything else I can do to help troubleshoot the root cause of
this issue?