BIRD removing BGP routes from other daemon - FreeBSD

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Fri Jul 3 12:13:09 CEST 2015

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 11:19:31AM +0300, Alexander V.Chernikov wrote:
> 25.06.2015, 10:41, "Ondrej Zajicek" <santiago at crfreenet.org>:
> > On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 05:14:41PM -0300, Cassiano Peixoto wrote:
> > i don't know about OpenBGP. I wonder if there is a better way to
> > distinguish route ownership in BSD systems (like there is u8 rtm_protocol
> > field in Linux).
>
> Well, there is auto-filled rtm_pid field, so theoretically we can check if this pid (if filled) and flush routes
> only if it is not currently running (yes, it is not ideal).

That is a possibility, but it is more complicated (e.g. different
ownership checking during initiation and later) and probably not
worth the effort.

Seems to me like adding option to make the flag configurable would be
sufficient. The similar approach is used by route6d, so it seems that it
is not completely silly approach.