Route reflector not setting originator_id

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Fri Jul 17 23:14:45 CEST 2015

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 04:29:12PM -0700, Evelio VILA wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a very simple setup with one rr and one rr client.
>
> Im not seeing  ORIGINATOR_ID nor  CLUSTER_LIST attributes appended to the
> updates sent to the rr client. Aren't those supposed to be mandatory per
> RFC 4456 ?

Hello

I am not sure what is your exact setting, but ORIGINATOR_ID and CLUSTER_LIST
are set when the route is reflected on route reflector. They are not set when
the route is locally originated on a route reflector. AFAIK RFC 4456 does
not specify such case, but it probably makes sense to add these attributes
even in this case.