Enhanced Route Refresh Capability (rfc7313)

Arnaud Fenioux afenioux at franceix.net
Tue Jun 23 13:47:41 CEST 2015

Hello,

We updated one of our Route-server and noticed that a few number of our peers could not establish IPv6 sessions with us.
The reason in the logs was "Received: Required capability missing”.

After some tcpdump and investigation we found that Enhanced Route Refresh Capability was newly advertised (as explained in the bird release notes). Sadly Juniper boxes do think that this capability is mandatory (only) in IPv6.

We have disabled route refresh (enhanced and regular), as a work-around, for these peers.
enable route refresh off;

Would it be possible to only disable enhanced route refresh in the configuration file for a next release of bird?

Cheers,

--
Arnaud Fenioux
Network Engineer - FranceIX