Force BGP add-path configuration option

Eric Cables ecables at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 23:42:45 CET 2015

I realize that BGP add-path is a negotiated capability, but I'm running
into an instance where I am attempting to send multiple copies of the same
prefix, with different BGP attributes (next hop, etc.), but since the
receiving router does not support add path BIRD is only sending its "best"
prefix.

Would it be possible to add a "add paths force" configuration option? What
potential implications would this cause for the receiving device that is
unaware of this capability, and likely will never have support for it?

-- Eric