OSPF interfaces issue

Jigar Mehta jgmehta at ncsu.edu
Fri Oct 9 00:48:19 CEST 2015

Hi, I wanted some help regarding a problem I was seeing when i had multiple
interfaces with same ip address . I have multiple routing domains setup so
i have valid cases to have same ip address on different interfaces (so i
have seperate routing tables for each instance). When  I do a show ospf
interface for each ospf protocol instance, it seems to correctly dump the
interface . When I did a packet capture, it shows incoming/outgoing hello
packets, but when I enabled debug, i can see that it never prints a "hello
packet received" message(but prints "hello packet sent") although, i can
see the peer sending ospf hello packets.
This seems to be a problem with only one instance and not both.

Any help or assistance on this is highly appreciated.

Setup :

BIRD 1.4.5 ready.
bird> show interface
eth-0 up (index=1424)
MultiAccess Broadcast Multicast AdminUp LinkUp MTU=1500
10.0.1.11/24 (Primary, scope site)
eth-1 up (index=1425)
MultiAccess Broadcast Multicast AdminUp LinkUp MTU=1500
10.0.130.11/24 (Primary, scope site)
eth-2 up (index=1426)
MultiAccess Broadcast Multicast AdminUp LinkUp MTU=1500
10.0.1.11/24 (Primary, scope site)

Config : <snipped>

protocol ospf ospf_0 {
        table T0;