Route server IPv6 avoid_martians

Jonathan Stewart jonathan.stewart at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 00:25:30 CEST 2015

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 6:08 PM, Job Snijders <job at instituut.net> wrote:

> You could match on it with something along the lines of:
>
>     function avoid_too_long_or_too_short()
>     prefix set boundry;
>     {
>         boundry = [ ::/0{8,48} ];
>         if net ~ boundry then return true;
>         return false
>     }
>
> And later on use:
>
>     if !(avoid_too_long_or_too_short()) then reject;
>
> Kind regards,

Hi Job,

I just wanted to follow up with a big THANKS.

I followed your example and have upgraded our IPv6 route servers at MBIX.ca
so they they are blocking martians, and we are controlling announcement
length.

Your information was exactly what I was looking for.

I will now endeavour to add what I've learned to the BIRD wiki.  Anyone
know how I should get edit access to the wiki?

--
     Jonathan