iBGP unreachable

Panda RoboLegs pandawithrobotlegs at outlook.com
Mon Apr 11 17:13:22 CEST 2016

Hello,
I am new to Bird and I am trying to set up a Looking-Glass.

I have configured a iBGP-Session with a route-reflector to gather the needed routes.

When I do a "show route". Every route I got via BGP is unreachable.

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/24 unreachable [bgp_v4 13:32:40 from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] * (100/-) [ASxxxxxxi]

The Log will give me the following:

2016-04-10 13:32:44 <WARN> Next hop address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx resolvable through recursive route for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/24

When I add a static route via Bird for the unreachable prefix to the next hop the route is resolvable.
route xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/32 via xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

A static default gateway won't do the trick (route 0.0.0.0/0 via xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;). the routes are still unreachable.

Is there any posibility to solve ths problem without adding an IGP or a static route to every next hop?

Best regards, Marius