iBGP unreachable

Panda RoboLegs pandawithrobotlegs at outlook.com
Tue Apr 12 11:21:15 CEST 2016

Hello,

there is no IGP. I thought that I can resolve the BGP-Next-Hop via static default gateway (0.0.0.0/0).
It seems that is not possible.
Does anyone have a link where it is written that BGP next-hop is not resolvable via static default gw?

But now the good news:
I found an old mailing list entry with an snippet that solved my problem.

filter test {
 gw = IP-directly-connected-next-hop;
 accept;
}

protocol bgp {
 import filter test;
}

So now every route has a directly connected default gw. every route is resolvable.

The question above is still unanswered.
why bgp can't resolve the next hop via default gw

Further links will be appreciated.

Best regards