problem configuring ptmp

Maria P maria at anw.at
Wed Dec 7 00:57:36 CET 2016

Hi Everyone,

I try to get a mixed network of linux and Mikrotik running, useing ptmp
interfaces.
It worked with quagga, but I wanna switch due to software instabilities.

At least with Mikrotik & quagga I understand that a ptmp area means
Hellos are propagated by multicasts to 224.0.0.5, the neighbors form ptp
relations with each other after they have found themselfs.

with my configuration, Bird doesn't send out multicasts, evenso its
logging "ospf1: HELLO packet sent via eth0"

what am I doing wrong ?

Thanks Maria

my config
----

log syslog all;

router id 172.20.2.33;

debug protocols all;

protocol direct {
         interface "*";  # Restrict network interfaces it works with
}

protocol kernel {
         persist;                # Don't remove routes on bird shutdown
         scan time 20;           # Scan kernel routin
         export all;             # Default is export none
}

protocol device {
         scan time 10;           # Scan interfaces every 10 seconds
}

protocol static {

         import all;
         export all;