Monitoring Tools for BIRD

Will Dowling opensource at autodeist.com
Sat Feb 13 11:14:35 CET 2016

> Any suggestions on what tools I can use to monitor BIRD?

I wrote and maintain some useful operations tools for BIRD:

https://github.com/dowlingw/bird-tool

Have a look at the -n option which makes the bird_query.pl script run as a nagios check. If you want to do checks per ASN, combine it with the -a option. Also combine with -6 for bird6.

It relies on a bit of convention for session names (R_AS#x#), but I plan on making this somewhat configurable later.

Let me know if you like it or need any additional features!

- Will