OSPF anycast prefix being filtered

Patrik Lundin patrik at sigterm.se
Mon Feb 29 17:47:57 CET 2016

On Apr 11, 2015 7:30 AM, "Patrik Lundin" <patrik.lundin.swe at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 11:29:24AM +0200, Ondrej Zajicek wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 10:23:23AM +0200, Patrik Lundin wrote:
> > >
> > > * While bird defaults to a "ptp" link type for eth0, bird6 defaults to
> > > "broadcast".
> > >
> > > * The dummy0 interface defaults to being a stub interface in bird,
> > > while it requires
> > > configuration in bird6.
> >
> > That is because OSPFv2 uses IPv4 addresses where /31 signalize ptp link
> > and /32 stub link, OSPFv3 uses IPv6 link-local addresses and there is
> > /64 everywhere.
> >

> Good to know, I was mostly pointing it out if anyone was wondering why
> my configuration differed somewhat between the protocols.

Sorry for bringing up this old thread but I noticed my interface was
defaulting to a "ptp" link type when being configured with a /30 prefix
which is not mentioned as a special case above.

I realize a /30 is a "normal" two-host network with /31 being somewhat of a
special case, but I want to make sure this is still expected behaviour
for BIRD.

--
Patrik Lundin