New "channels" feature in future version of Bird?

raf raph at futomaki.net
Fri Jun 17 21:53:50 CEST 2016

Le 17/06/2016 à 13:40, Jan Matejka a écrit :

table it; ... }

> should change to something like
>
> protocol bgp {
> ipv4 { table t1; import ...; export ...; };
> ipv6 { table t2; import ...; export ...; };
> vpn4 { ... };
> igp ipv4 table it4;
> igp ipv6 table it6;
> }

Look really good and clear syntax. The ability to use different table
per family is really needed for mp-bgp and will be a killer feature.

> No replacing of filters is planned for the integrated version, at least
> in near future.
>
> If one of our crazy ideas comes true, we may add Lua as a possible
> language to write filters in (in several years' perspective) and maybe
> also deprecate the current, then-legacy filter language in far future.

Wow it was really a good idea. Even if the filter DSL is already good,
lua open funny perspective (like dynamic filter using external source).
It reminds me when a colleague write the first lua module for opensips.
With this module we implement a very complex logic with ease.

Can't wait :)

--
Raphael Mazelier