routing using kernel fibs

Jan Bramkamp crest at rlwinm.de
Mon May 30 09:07:46 CEST 2016

On 27/05/16 19:14, Angel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are configuring a BSDRP server (FreeBSD router.bsdrp.net
> 10.3-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 10.3-RELEASE-p2 #0 r299108M).
>
> We have two fullrouting bgp carriers, some bgp members and some ospf
> members.
>
> To isolate OSPF members we want to use kernel fibs. But we do not
> understand how it works.

OSPF assumes that all OSPF speaking routers trust each other. OSPF
relies on all OSPF routers receiving the same unfiltered set of routes,
because otherwise the link-state databases would be out of sync.

> What we need is a diferent table for each ospf member, so for example
> ospf1member will use carrier1 routes, and ospf2member will use carrier2
> routes.
>
> Which is the best way to get this?

I would recommend against speaking OSPF to routers administered by a
different party. If both sides support BGP use BGP instead of OSPF. If
you can't speak BGP to the other party use one OSPF instance per party.

> If we configure kernel fib 1 with carrier1 routes, but ospf1 doesn't use
> it, how we can to configure because ospf1 use kernel fib 1?
> How to do the same for ospf2 with kernel fib 2?
>
> We have to configure interfaces in these fibs? What about carriers
> interface?

Do you require routing domains (aka vnet/VIMAGE in FreeBSD) or just
policy based routing?

> Could you give us some example to get above configuration?

Not without further information.