Linux 'local' table (255) import into BIRD?

Eric Vyncke (evyncke) evyncke at cisco.com
Fri Nov 25 16:24:36 CET 2016

Ondrej,

But grep'ing for RTN_LOCAL in the code, I have also tried this but then the route is marked 'unreachable' and I cannot import it to be exporting in OSPFv3 (which is my goal actually).

Thanks for confirming that I was looking in the right direction ;-)

-éric

On 25/11/16 15:46, "Ondrej Zajicek" <santiago at crfreenet.org> wrote:

    On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 11:39:32AM +0000, Eric Vyncke (evyncke) wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am trying to import 'local' routes from the kernel into Bird without any success...
    >
    > The route is installed as: "/sbin/ip -6 route add local 2001:db8:cafe:babe::/64 dev lo" (it allows the host to reply/answer to any address in this prefix :-))

    Hello

    Routes in table 255 have special type (RTN_LOCAL, RTN_BROADCAST ...) and
    these route types are unsupported by BIRD.

    You could import them as unreachable routes by compiling BIRD with attached patch.

    Also note that routes with 'proto kernel' are ignored, byt that is
    probably not relevant to your case, just to other routes in table 255.