CLI debugging

Martin Mares mj at ucw.cz
Mon Sep 5 17:27:40 CEST 2016

Hello, world!\n

> In my opinion, the quotes by "<pattern>", "{" and "}" is confusing
> too. And a comma should be probably quoted too in this case. New
> line before available flags is possible but inconsistent.

As far as I remember my original intentions years ago,
{ and } are ambiguous, because they can be understood meta-syntantically
as well as literally. Hence quoting. Comma bears no such ambiguity.

This notwithstanding, if people have problems with parsing the help
texts, we should improve the texts. Please keep the syntax descriptions
consistent, though. (It might be helpful to give a formal definition
of the meta-language somewhere in the manual.)

				Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares                          <mj at ucw.cz>   http://mj.ucw.cz/
There is no place like ~