Version 2.0.0-pre1

Ondrej Filip feela at network.cz
Sun Apr 30 00:46:04 CEST 2017

Dear BIRD users,
Let me announce a new addition to 2.0.x branch.

Please note, 2.0.x will be an _experimental_ branch. We will not
guarantee configuration stability etc. And today we release
2.0.0-pre1. So that's experimental version of experimental branch.
Keep this in mind and DO NOT USE IT IN PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT.

On the other hand, testers are more than welcome. Please use it and
report (either positive or negative)!

We will not provide packages for any distribution.

		Ondrej

Version 2.0.0-pre1 (2017-04-29)
  o Support for MPLS next hops
  o VPNv4 and VPNv6 network types
  o BGP with MPLS labels (RFC 3107)
  o BGP MPLS/VPN support (RFC 4364)
  o BGP 6PE - IPv6 NLRI over IPv4 MPLS (RFC 4798)
  o BGP IPv4 NLRI with an IPv6 Next Hop (RFC 5549)
  o BGP Confederations (RFC 5065)
  o BGP: Simplify igp table options
  o BGP: Allow exchanging LOCAL_PREF with eBGP peers
  o BGP: Allow to specify interface for regular sessions
  o Babel support restored
  o Static: Minor overhaul
  o Netlink: Default kernel metric changed to 32
  o Flowspec: Limit tcp mask length to 12 bits
  o Update of show route command

  Notes:

  Definitions of OSPFv2, OSPFv3 and RIP NG protocols now use keywords
  'ospf v2', 'ospf v3' and 'rip ng' instead of 'ospf2', 'ospf3' and
  'ripng'.

  Flows and ROAs no longer use phony next hops, so there is no need to
  use 'drop' or 'unreachable' in their static route definitions.

  See doc/bird.conf.example2 for configuration examples.