bird 2.0.0 issues

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Thu Dec 14 20:09:29 CET 2017

On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 08:51:59PM +0200, Radu Anghel wrote:
> On 14.12.2017 20:31, Ondrej Zajicek wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > Thanks for reports Could you send me your config file? If you add 'debug
> > all' to your Kernel protocol, what you see in logs?
> >

> Nothing is logged if I enable debug all to the kernel protocol, total
> silence. I'm attaching my current config.

Hi

You have doubled channel definitions, one with implicit arguments
('ipv4;'), and one with explicit arguments ('ipv4 { ... }'). That is
likely a cause of issue #2. We definitely should add a check for that.
Could you try config file with only one channel of each type per
protocol?

It may be also issue #1, or perhaps it is problem with newer Linux
kernels (i checked up to 4.13). But regardless of Linux API, we still
should get at least periodic 'Scanning routing table' messages.

Issue #3 is most likely a bug in BGP, i will check that.