Version 1.6.2

Job Snijders job at instituut.net
Tue Jul 11 13:06:28 CEST 2017

Hi all,

Apologies for bumping up an old thread

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 01:11:59AM +0200, Ondrej Zajicek wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 05:33:44PM +0200, Job Snijders wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 05:16:24PM +0200, Ondrej Filip wrote:
> > > a new version of the 1.6.x branch is out:
> > >
> > > Version 1.6.2 (2016-09-29)
> > >   o Fixes serious bug introduced in the previous version
> > >
> > > Upgrade from 1.6.1 is highly recommended.
>
> > Any hint on the schedule for the next release, which hopefully
> > includes MRT dump file rotation?
>
> Hopefully beginning of 2017.

Can I maybe help testing this feature?

The use case is that I operate a large public BGP Looking Glass for the
NLNOG RING project at http://lg.ring.nlnog.net/summary/lg01/ipv4 BIRD is
used as the collector as it is quite fast and memory efficient.

What I hope to be able to do at some point is to log all BGP updates
from the peers periodically take a full dump, and store those in long
term archives. Those archives will be made available to the public for
research & operational purposes similar to route-views and RIPE RIS.

Kind regards,

Job