auto-cost reference-bandwidth

Markus Wigge markus at cultcom.de
Wed Jun 7 18:32:59 CEST 2017

Hello,

according to a chat I recently had with Elrond I put my question on the
mailing list:

Is there an option for the OSPF protocol in bird to calculate the
interface cost based on the bandwidth like cisco or quagga or juniper or
fortigate or ... do?

As far as I remember the definition of the interface cost is as follows:
       100.000kbps
       <bandwidth>

The configurable option "auto-cost reference-bandwidth" then manipulates
the "100.000". So when you have 40G or 100G links in your network you
set the reference to that on all your routers.

Regards,
Markus