Source Address Dependent Routing for BIRD

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Sun Mar 5 21:48:18 CET 2017

On Sun, Mar 05, 2017 at 09:21:43PM +0100, Dean wrote:
> About the patch: it might be a little long, about 60 commits. And I
> started working last year, on BIRD 1.6.2, so some things might be
> different. Should I still just send each commit one by one here?

Generally, commits that are series of work on one logical part should be
merged together, while conceptually separate changes should be in
separate patches. In your case perhaps one patch for shared
infrastructure (nest), one patch for kernel proto support,
one patch for static, one or more patches for OSPFv3.

See https://kernel.org/doc/html/latest/process/submitting-patches.html
esp. https://kernel.org/doc/html/latest/process/submitting-patches.html#separate-your-changes