Bird BGP session sending default route

Michael McConnell michael at winkstreaming.com
Fri Mar 24 01:00:46 CET 2017

Hello all,

Currently I receive a full route table from our uplinks on our primary routers using BGP, however I am trying to have a downstream bird router / BGP session where I only pass this downstream bird session a default route / partial table.

I’ve experimented with the multihop parameters as that is the way I would effectively force a eBGP session in Cisco but not having luck transferring that to bird. Any suggestions how I can create a eBGP session so that I basically only receive a default route instead of the full route table?

Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it!
Mike

--
Michael McConnell
WINK Streaming;