Bird & VRF on Linux

Tim Weippert weiti at weiti.org
Wed May 10 12:42:23 CEST 2017

HI all,

currently i'm playing with Bird & VRF on Linux Kernel >4.9. I try to
investigate if it is possible to build up an system which use Bird/BGP
to populate the VRF/Tables.

I tried to run on bird instance and use the described feature of running
it in the default context and build up peerings within the sample VRF.

As i can configure bird to try to build the Peerings with the correct
interfaces/VRFs it seems no packet is send "through" the VRF or the
listen socket is not working in this scenario (refused).

My question is, is Bird capable to cope with the VRF Implementation in
newer Linux Kernels? Has any one tried this?

Regards,
tim

--
Tim Weippert
http://weiti.org - weiti at weiti.org
GPG Fingerprint - E704 7303 6FF0 8393 ADB1  398E 67F2 94AE 5995 7DD8