import where IPv6 BGP

Robert Blayzor rblayzor.bulk at inoc.net
Mon Oct 9 20:32:44 CEST 2017

When running IPv6 daemon, I have a BGP peer:

protocol bgp bogon_1 from BH_SERVER {
        import where net.len < 33;
        import filter BLACKHOLE_IN;
        import limit 100000 action warn;
}

The filter is simply an “accept;”.  The problem I’m seeing however is that I’m getting prefixes imported that are longer than 32. In fact, it looks like “import where” is completely ignored in IPv6 (at least for net.len?). If I put “import where net.len = 0” I still see all the longer prefixes getting imported.

If I go into the filter and add a “if net.len < 33 then reject;” then I see it work.

Is this the expected behavior, a bug or am I missing something?

--
inoc.net!rblayzor
XMPP: rblayzor.AT.inoc.net