reload configuration without changing protocol state

Alexander Zubkov green at qrator.net
Tue Sep 12 21:01:27 CEST 2017

Hello.

I want to be able to reload bird's configuration so it will not change
current protocol's state. For example if I run bird with some protocols and
then disable one of them from the console and at finally I run "configure"
of "configure soft" to reload a configuration (new filters for example) - I
get that protocol restarted too:

bird> show protocols
name     proto    table    state  since       info
device1  Device   master   up     2017-09-09
static1  Static   master   up     18:07:29
bird> disable static1
static1: disabled
bird> show protocols
name     proto    table    state  since       info
device1  Device   master   up     2017-09-09
static1  Static   master   down   18:10:01
bird> configure soft
Reading configuration from /etc/bird.conf
Reconfigured
bird> show protocols
name     proto    table    state  since       info
device1  Device   master   up     2017-09-09
static1  Static   master   up     18:10:10
bird>

But I want protocol to still be disabled in this case. Because I have
disabled it manually and want it to be started manually.
Is there a way of reloading configuration, keeping manual state of
protocols? I have already tried documentation and Google, but with no luck.