Bird v2, MPLS and LDP

Maximilian Wilhelm max at rfc2324.org
Sat Sep 16 03:25:24 CEST 2017

Anno domini 2017 Ondrej Zajicek scripsit:

Hi,

> We plan to to release 2.0 during this year, mainly with features that are
> already in pre1, and some minor additions (like IPv4 in Babel, IPv4 in
> OSPFv3, VRFs, microsecond timers, ...).

Do you mean VRFs in the sense of Linux VRFs [0]? Like being able to
terminate a BGP session within a VRF (assuming and underlying VRF
setup on the box)?

> We have no fixed plan for
> features after that, but we definitely will work on usable MPLS support
> (with LDP) and we plan to integrate PIM-BIDIR multicast routing (it was
> implemented for BIRD some time ago as a student project).

Cool!

Best
Max

[0] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/Documentation/networking/vrf.txt
--
Wer heute den Kopf in den Sand steckt, knirscht morgen mit den Zähnen.