BGP connection between two peers

Anton Danilov littlesmilingcloud at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 18:09:05 CEST 2017

Hi.
Begin from these steps:
1. Open the cli (birdc), then run the diagnostic commands. Also, you can
run the commands in the shell cli (without interactive mode and
autocompletion)
2. Run the command "show protocols all". It lists detailed information
about configured protocols (include pseudoprotocols like 'device') - check
the states of protocols - obviously, your protocol should be in the UP
state.
3. There're a tons of reasons of what can happens wrong. If you don't see
established BGP session, run the tcpdump and check the traffic.
These step are basic troubleshooting tactics. Ask more questions and
provide more information.

--
Anton.