Bird 2 and device routes switch in kernel configuration section

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Fri Aug 3 16:45:15 CEST 2018

On Fri, Aug 03, 2018 at 03:24:46PM +0200, Julien Dessaux wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have found something odd will try testing bird 2 with some of my
> configurations. It seems that the "device routes on" in the kernel
> configuration section doesn't exist anymore. The documentation still
> references it in the introduction for the kernel section, but not in the
> detailed list of configuration entries :
> http://bird.network.cz/?get_doc&v=20&f=bird-6.html#ss6.6 . For reference,
> here it is also for bird 1.6 :
> http://bird.network.cz/?get_doc&v=16&f=bird-6.html#ss6.6

Hello

The 'device routes' option was removed as it is on by default, i.e.
device routes are handled as regular routes. If someone wants to keep the
old behavior (device routes off), it can be done using the export filter.

The notice in the documentation in the introduction for the kernel
section should be removed/modified, we missed that. Thanks.