Help with multiple routing tables.

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Thu Aug 23 12:42:30 CEST 2018

On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 05:25:33PM -0600, Grant Taylor wrote:
> One for each kernel routing table (253 & 254) and the view that RIP has.
>
> I think that I will need to import from the default_rib (253) into RIP -and-
> filter said default from RIP so that it doesn't get into the main_rib (254).
>
> Or am I going to need a 3rd table inside of BIRD which does the following:
>
>  - Imports all from main_rib (254)
>  - Exports all to main_rib (254) EXCEPT the default.
>  - Imports all from default_rib (253)
>  - Exports none to default_rib (253)

Hi

You can do it that way, or you can have just two tables, one for
main_rib+RIP and another for default_rib, connect them with pipe that
allows export in the direction from default to main but not in the other
one, and have export filter for kernel protocol attached to main_rib
(254) configurured to accept everything EXCEPT the default route.